Responsible for formulating and defining large organization based systems scope and objectives. Involved with system changes from concept through implementation. Serve as a liaison between development groups and business units.
The candidate will serve as a System Analyst in the Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) middleware team.
· Responsible for designing and documenting solutions for complex internal business problems for automated systems solutions.
· Formulate and define system scope and objectives. Identify and evaluate development for systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet business requirements.
· Lead the interpretation of designs for business representatives and software developers.
· Define web services API’s in Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Representational State Transfer (REST) formats.
· Create and edit XML schema definitions (XSD), RESTful API Modeling (YAML) using OpenAPI standards.
· Function as technical expert in presentations and demonstrations.
· Represent customer's interest at technical meetings within the company.
· Participate in review and approval of detailed design documents created by other team members, teams and vendors, plus Architecture Blueprints created by Solution Architects.
· Translate business elements to data elements and organization of data in Oracle Databases.
· Participate in software architecture analysis to identify system bottlenecks, configuration and networking issues and for enhancements determining new or adapted software and hardware that would best fit proposed software solutions.
· Work on migration of legacy systems from older Architectures and systems to state of art new technologies to align with Sprint vision of future state Service Oriented Architecture. Reverse engineer older systems to develop detailed design specifications.
· Tier 2 support for production tickets - Provide on call support to analyze / triage problems. Assist in determining root cause and designing solution.
· Interact with other application Subject Matter Experts in instances where potential design issues are encountered and assist in determining solution.
· Collaborate with team to ensure code changes are adequately tested to meet the system design.
· Hands-on experience with Oracle PL/SQL.
Expectations / preferences:
· Ability to work in a complex an Agile environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work as an accountable and active member on an empowered scrum team.
· Ability to follow key processes to meet Definition of Done. Peer review, quality standards.
· Willing to accept feedback and continuously learn. Open to guidance from Tech Lead.
· Telecom experience preferred.