Senior Data Management Consultant
Seeking senior data management professionals with over 6 years experience to provide high-caliber data management services and enjoys working hands on with data. Work hand in hand with Data Modelers, Developers, Data Stewards and Business SMEs to ensure the customer's data needs are accurately captured, understood and delivered. Working as members of a team, candidate will be expected to perform a wide range of data management tasks, including:
- Reviewing documents pertaining to technology platform and core data subjects;
- Analysis of integration flows between the platforms;
- Developing data inventory documentation;
- Developing canonical data models;
- Developing life-cycle and data flow diagrams;
- Assessing and improving existing data quality processes;
- Profiling data;
- Developing scripts for detecting data discrepancies and validating corrections; and
- Conducting root cause analyses and making strategic recommendations
- Have a curiosity and interest to understand data and it's value in the context of business processes supported by the data,
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills. Facilitate review sessions with business users and other team members.
- 5 + years experience with Data Quality & root cause analysis on data anomalies and working with data stewards to resolve issues.
- 5 + years experience with data architecture, database design, data models, database standards and documentation.
- 5 + years of advanced SQL database programming experience.
- Profiling data sources to determine suitability for a solution and use of Data Profiling metrics and tools. Conduct data exploration, identify trends and patterns in data, solve data problems, and verify data integrity using SQL.
- Working knowledge of Metadata management ( Glossary, Lineage, Mapping, etc ), master data management, data mining, segmentation techniques, coding and some programming.
- Experience in Employee Benefits Management areas such as pensions, 401k accounts, health insurance, life insurance, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.