We are looking for a talented technical analyst to join our development team in designing and building the next generation of web API's to deliver services to our subscribers. This position requires the ability to quickly learn new technology and business processes. The candidate should be able to perform analysis on system structure and utilize their business expertise to write API design specifications to make our systems more stable and robust.
· Quickly learn the existing apis and begin enhancing them.
· Understand complex integration layers between enterprise systems
· Engage directly with users to gain understanding of business processes to improve application effectiveness.
· Attend daily SCRUM standup meetings and provide input on the design of the API product
· Serve as the bridge between the business team who create the API requirements, and the back-end development team who understand the back-end systems and data sources
· Provide input during requirement capture and user story creation
· Review API design with Product Owner and API engineering team then adjust as-needed
· Assist testing team in writing test-cases for the API
· Create API documentation for the developers who consume the API (API Security Guide, API Developer Guide, etc.)
· Assist Developer Support Team with defects during the testing phase
· Experience in Telecommunications in a facility assignment and network provisioning role
· Excellent team player, eager to learn from others and to share skills with colleagues
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to write technical instructions
· Strong understanding of JSON format
· Solid understanding of RESTful APIs
· Experience using API testing tools such as Postman, SOAPUI
· Investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
· Ability to adapt quickly to learn and support new systems and applications.
· Able to manage projects, this includes interaction with internal/external customers.
· Resolve technical problems using a pragmatic approach based on the OSI model
· Office Tools: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Operating Systems: Windows 7 and 10, Windows Server
· Languages: basic knowledge of at least one language
· Client/Web Skills: Basic HTML
· Databases: Microsoft SQL Server
· Operating Systems: Linux
· Databases: DB2, Oracle, MySQL
· Languages: C#, T-SQL, C++, Java
· Web Services: RESTful, SOAP, XML/JSON
· Development Tools: Visual Studio 2010, Internet Information Service (IIS) 7.5/7.0/6.0
· Source Control: Team Foundation Server or equivalent experience
· SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall
· Enjoy working with others in a team atmosphere
· Thrives in a collaborative work environment
· Able to work with and refine loose business requirements
· Have a “customer-service first” orientation