In this role, you will:
- Bring best practice and commitment to problem solving including skills to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problems and queries, and escalate as appropriate according to defined processes.
- Elicit stakeholder requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, and workflow analysis
- Possess the ability to distill information based on specific user/business needs, as well as decompose high level requirements, into detailed functional requirements
- Capture, define, analyze and translate functional and non-functional business requirements into succinct and testable user stories, activity diagrams, system use cases and supplemental specifications that contribute to effective software development.
- Create wireframes and/or mock-ups to graphically represent the functionality under design.
- Author requirements in the form of pseudocode (SQL logic) for the development and traceability of clinical metrics.
- Coordinate requirement walk-through and sign-off with stakeholders to ensure sessions use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
- Contribute to defining and improving best practices, processes, and standards.
- Work with the quality assurance team to validate system acceptance and user acceptance test plans and test scripts to ensure error free applications, tools and reports.
- Work closely with the technical team to ensure functional requirements are accurate and complete.
- Ensure detail design documents accurately reflect customer needs and expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage changing priorities within a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- A willingness, desire and aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to gather and analyze business process data.
- Innovative and creative problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and delivery of quality artifacts.
- Ability to work independently, proactive problem solving.
- Strive to meet client expectations and customer satisfaction.
Preferred education and experience:
- Business Analyst certification.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience with the Agile methodology
- 6 + years of business analysis experience and requirements documentation in software development.
- 2+ years of experience in Use Case diagramming, Business Process Mapping, Sequence and Activity diagramming, and UML required.
- 2+ years working with large datasets/databases.
- Ability to understand and/or write XML
- Experience in multi-tier web application architecture, preferably for data capture.
- Health Care industry experience (patient data collection and reporting).